Saturday, August 21, 2010

I've Got Some Baby Squash!

I planted my first attempt at a home vegetable garden about a month ago. And I've been faithfully watering and fretting ever since. I am trying to keep this garden organic, but do you know how many bugs there are?? Its a little ridiculous. I found some botanical insecticide and I am going to give that a try this weekend. Hopefully that will clear out all the unwanted visitors. Now that I have some baby squash growing, I don't want to lose them. Does maternal instinct extend to vegetation?

This is my garden as a whole. Its pretty small. There is some zucchini, yellow squash, green peppers, red peppers, and a few herbs. The four squash plants are taking over though. I had no idea they would get so huge!



Anyway, I thought I would share a couple of pictures of the adorable baby squash. I haven't seen many vegetables growing in person, so its cool to see them in my very own garden. I have two plants of the yellow squash and each plant has one little squash growing.

Look!:





So we will see how this goes. Hopefully they will survive and taste delicious. I really have no idea what I am doing. Its quite humorous. Between a couple of gardening books and google, we will get through this. If anyone has any tips, I would surely appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. awe, you are so funny. I think maternal instinct most definitely extends into vegetation and anything else we might create. Good luck with your garden! I have no advice, I have a brown thumb.

    ReplyDelete