Sunday, August 29, 2010

I'm Just Not Cut Out For Farmin'

Whoever said ignorance is bliss never tried to grow squash.

Remember when I showed you the pictures of my cute little squashes? Yeah well, here they are now:

(pulled out of the garden, thrown on the grass)

And this is why:



And this:



And this:




Trying to garden organically is not easy! And it is made especially more difficult when you have no idea what you are doing. And before I could get a handle on it, these bugs went crazy, and I just couldn't get it back under control. So I am not going to grow squash or zucchini for a while, if ever again.

On another note, my green peppers are doing really well. And I don't see any weird bugs trying to get close.

2 comments:

  1. yes, yes they are. and I just couldn't bring myself to pick them off and squish them every day. that is about the only organic method.

    ReplyDelete