Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My First Football Game

I really don't know what I am going to do in five weeks once I can't blame pregnancy brain.  I guess then it becomes newborn brain, then toddler brain, then pre-teen brain, then teenager brain... Hey, I'm good for a long time! lol.  

Sunday, I went with my husband to the Bucs game in Tampa.  I was so excited to spend quality, uninterrupted time with my husband and to go to my first NFL football game ever, that I totally forgot (or completely disregarded) the fact that I am almost 9 months pregnant.  

Let's just say that sitting in the very top of the stadium, in 103 degree heat, in direct sunlight while very pregnant probably wasn't the best idea I've ever had.  I may or may not have had to get up and seek shade and shelter after the first quarter. 

My poor husband had to get up during the second quarter and come find me to make sure I was ok.  But, it wasn't just me.  There were tons of people everywhere feeling the effects of the heat.  Even the football players.  But hey, carrying a growing baby has to be more taxing than running around on a field in who-knows-how-many layers of padding and uniforms.  

I must say, seeing as how it was the 10 year anniversary of September 11th, they opened up the game in a very special way and I am so glad we were there to see it.  Thousands of people singing the national anthem and paying respect to those we honor with that day was pretty cool. They even spread a flag over the entire football stadium.  It was moving.



But, the Bucs didn't even play well.  Don't tell the people we were sitting around, but we were rooting for the Lions anyway.  Josh has a slight crush on Chris Johnson.  :0)

I enjoyed spending time with my husband- even if it was super hot, and my heart was racing, and I couldn't stop sweating.  (they wouldn't let me bring in my mister fan.  it could have been used as a missile.  you know me...) Josh could have asked one of his guy friends to go, but instead was thoughtful and kind and sacrificed his precious tickets for me. :)



Love you babe!
bc


No comments:

Post a Comment