Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tasty Thursdays - Grilled Chicken Parmesan

I love the Biggest Loser Family cookbook and I prepare food from it often. One of my favorite recipes is Grilled Chicken Parmesan*. I love to eat Chicken Parmesan, but made the traditional way it can easily push 500+ calories just for the chicken. This recipe however only has 169 calories per serving!

What you'll need:
(This serves 4)

4 boneless chicken breasts
spray olive oil
salt (to taste)
ground pepper
1/2 C low-fat marinara sauce
6 TBSP shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
2 tsp grated low-fat parmesan cheese

What you do to prepare:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Preheat a grill to high.

Lightly spray both sides of the chicken with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken for about 3 to 5 minutes per side (turning once). Cook until juices run clear. Then transfer to a baking dish.

Heat the marinara on low in the microwave until warm. Top each chicken breast with 2 TBSP of marinara sauce, then 1 1/2 TBSP mozzarella, and 1/2 tsp Parmesan. Bake the chicken for 3-5 minutes (or as long as it takes to melt the cheese).

Serve with green beans or another vegetable. Then, enjoy!

Simple and delicious.
Share some of your recipes!
-bc


*Recipe courtesy of The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any new recipes to post this week. But I have a recent recipe that I know is less than 500 calories. It's my new breakfast staple and when I run out of it I end up skipping breakfast!

    http://www.familymusings.com/2011/01/someone-elses-granola-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete