Tuesday, October 4, 2011

{baby Jake} The Nursery - Part 2

Well, with Jake's arrival imminent, I am trying to tie up loose ends... and the nursery is definitely one of those.  

We have the furniture in, its just the accessories that need polished.  Here are a couple of pictures as it stands now, and I will fill you in on what is missing. :) 


On this wall you will notice we are missing: the big white trees (they are on their way... ), curtains, the bumper pad (we have the fabric, now it is being sewn), the mobile (I am making it this week), a small table by the chair, a slipcover for the chair (which hopefully I will be able to sew this week with a little help from my friend), and a lamp. Whew, I am tired just thinking of all that.  But it will get done! And if its not done before he gets here, that's ok.



This side is a little more finished.  All that is missing is hanging a couple of the pictures that are sitting on the shelf right now (who knew frames came without a picture hanger), a few accessories to put on the shelf (it is really hard to find cute owl things that aren't cartoonish), and I need to make the mobile to hang above the changing table.  This side is more done.  :)

I am excited with how things are turning out and pretty excited that it actually resembles is the same color as the inspiration photo a little.  I would eventually like to get a rug for the center of the floor... but, it doesn't have to be 100% completed before he gets here.  Good thing too, since that is just over a week away!

Well, I hope you like it!

much love,
bc

No comments:

Post a Comment